[access-uk] Re: Latest Webbie

  • From: Douglas Harrison <harrison1d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 20:19:12 -0000

I don't think that there is a simple answer to this, Colin.   When dealing with
a single
application (such as Goldwave I always install straight over the old version,
but with the
webbie installer giving us a considerable number of separate applications, I
think that there is
some advantage in occasionally uninstalling and starting afresh.  Some time ago
the BBC
listen Again program stopped working due to changes made by the BBC and had to
be
replaced by the one using the iPLayer.   Installing over the top of the old
version on that
occasion would have left two similar applications - one of them now redundant.
 I remember
that a few people were confused by that situation and were trying to use the
wrong
application.   So perhaps an occasional clear out is not a bad idea.

Douglas
  occasionally )

--

Douglas Harrison