[access-uk] Re: Laptops revisited

  • From: "Barry G" <lister@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 00:37:43 +0100

Just bought an HP business machine and, on the sales site, it was Vista downgradeable to XP, but when I booted up, the native OS was XP... Bonus! I can still upgrade to Vista when that eventually, one day, in the dim and distant future, maybe makes sense.

All the best,
Barry G
----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Hallsworth" <christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of George Bell Sent: Tuesday 9 September 2008
15:40
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Adrien,

There is a learning curve with Vista, but it won't
usually
give you the screaming ab-dabs. If nothing else, you can
at
least change to the Classic Start menu.

Office 2007 is the nasty one.  For example in Word, while
lot of keyboard shortcuts have been retained, the whole
structure has changed and things have been moved all over
the place.

George.