[access-uk] Re: Laptop problem

  • From: Douglas Harrison <harrison1d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 12:38:54 +0100

Thanks, Andrew.  It is a Toshiba and I have the recovery CD, but I am reluctant
to use it
whilst the machine still boots properly from time to time.  It would restore to
factory settings
with the original XP Pro.  I would need to download service Packs and numerous
updates not
to mention installing all the software (if I can find the CDs!).   I would have
to think carefully
before going down that route for a 3 year old machine.  Yet I hate to scrap
anything which is
still usable.

Douglas

--