[access-uk] Re: Laptop connection to network problem

  • From: Chris Hallsworth <christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 22:53:37 +0000

Hi, yes it does, but unfortunately I can't help you on that one, except to say it might tell you in the documentation for your laptop. Sorry I couldn't be of any more help, but perhaps someone more knowledgeable might be able to. Good luck.

Andy Collins wrote:
Hi Chris -

When I was first setting up the network from the installation wizard, I chose wep over wpa security, because I didn't know what my PC had in the way of this kind of security; I know my laptop has the latest WPA or whatever it is called, but my PC is 5 years old now, so I thought it was probably more likely to have wep.

How do I check what the PC has for network security, and can I just change it to WPA to increase security levels as the laptop has this level? I hope this makes sense! -

Andy
----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Hallsworth" <christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>