[access-uk] Re: Laptop connection to network problem

  • From: Martin Dudley <dudleym@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 15:02:19 +0000

Start menu
settings
control panel
Network connections
highlight wireless connection
press alt-enter to get into properties
scroll down to internet protocol (TCP-IP)
tab to properties and press enter
there you will find the radio buttons for setting ip to auto or manual. select the manual tcp-ip and enter your ip address. If you are going to use your PC and laptop together make sure your PC hasn't already been allocated the same ip address, you may have to set your pc address manually as well, try it out and see first. I don't think you'll need to set dns to manual so just tab past this and the advanced button and OK the new ip setting when done.

Martin

Andy Collins recently said:-

Hi Martin - where do I look on the laptop to set the IP?

Thanks  -

Andy