[access-uk] Re: Laptop Not Staying On Internet Etc.

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 23:57:41 +0100

Hi Mandy,

I thought this extract from the manual worth checking.  Do
you have any cordless phones in use?

George.

3. Cordless Phones

If the performance of your wireless network is impaired
after

attending to the above issues, and you have a cordless
phone:

• Try moving cordless phones away from the Router and your

wireless-enabled computers.

• Unplug and remove the battery from any cordless phone

that operates on the 2.4GHz band (check the manufacturer’s

information). If this fixes the problem, your phone may

be interfering.

• If your phone supports channel selection, change the

channel on the phone to the farthest channel from your

wireless network. For example, change the phone to channel

1 and move your Router to channel 11. See your phone’s user

manual for detailed instructions.

• If necessary, consider switching to a 900MHz cordless
phone.

From: HYPERLINK "mailto:george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"George
Bell

From: HYPERLINK "mailto:george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"George