[access-uk] Re: Laptop Internet Access while abroad.

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 16:20:01 +0100

Hi Steve,

The Vodafone simcard lets my wife use her Nokia 6600 phone virtually
world-wide.  Same with my N96.  But that's not quite the issue.

It's the bit between the laptop and the internet that's the issue.
FWIW, the laptop is an HP with Wireless and Bluetooth.

She understood (as we now know wrongly) that a Vodafone USB dongle
would connect directly and automatically to a Vodafone partner in
Denmark, in the same way as her mobile phone does.

Walking Hotspot "looks" like it may be a solution, but how does it
know who and where to dial in a foreign country.  The web page doesn't
seen to give much information on that front.

George.