[access-uk] Re: LATEST VERSION OF THE LAME ENCODER - LAME3.97B2.ZIP

  • From: Joe Paton <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 09:37:30 +0000

Carol,
for goldwave

My understanding is that you can put the lame files either in win32, or in the goldwave home directory.

don't know about cdex though, and winamp may not use the lame encoder.

When you discover that i'm wrong, some one else on the list can put us both right.

HTH.
At 23:25 03/02/2006 +0000, you wrote:
Hi all,

This appears to be the latest version of LAME but I don't see reference
as to where it should reside in my computer.  (I seem to have LAME files
everywhere!)

As I understood it the last time around, it goes in the WIN32 folder,
together with a copy of the LAME.DLL in the directories of things like
CDEX, WINAMP, Goldwave, etc.  Is this correct?

A little guidance would be most helpful.  Thanks.

-- Carol carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx

02/02/2006