[access-uk] Re: Kindle for PC

  • From: "Griffiths, Steve" <Steve.Griffiths@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 15:23:27 -0000

It does work, but you don't read the text with your screen reader. You
use your screen reader to do everything up until you open a book, then
press Ctrl-R to start reading with the built in screen reader. You have
to have the accessible version of the Kindle PC app which you can
download from the "Download Now" link at the bottom of this page:
http://amazon.com/kindle/accessibility
If you press F1 once you've opened the app, it will open a web page with
more help.

Steve