[access-uk] Re: KNFB Reader focus problem

  • From: "Peter Beasley" <pjbeasley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 09:31:38 +0100

That doesn't sound very good to me as someone who never puts lights on unless there is someone here who can see. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Léonie Watson" <tink@xxxxxxxxxx>

To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, October 17, 2009 8:29 PM
Subject: [access-uk] Re: KNFB Reader focus problem

Thanks Steve. I did catch my jumper a couple of times, but think
I've got everything out of the way of the lens now! It definitely gets
better with practice though.

The problem I've been having seems to be related to the ambient
light. There isn't any precise rhyme or reason to it, but the reader does
seem very sensitive to the amount of available light. The trick seems to be
to sit at the kitchen table with all the lights on. So far at least, that
seems to be doing the trick.
Léonie.