[access-uk] Re: Jaws Won't Speak.

  • From: "James O'Dell" <jamesodell@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 14:46:47 +0200

HI steve

Which version of JAWS are you running?  If it's 6.0 or later, try going to
"run", then type "JAWS60/default" or "JAWS61/default" or "JAWS70/default",
according to your version, then go into your user settings directory and see if
you can edit the default.jcf config file in notepad, changing 1 to 0 on the
line relating to sleep mode and then saving it.  If you can't start JAWS using
the method described here, you could probably do the edit with narrator.

Good luck

James