[access-uk] Jaws Reading problems

  • From: "Dj Paddy" <mygroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access uk" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 15:26:16 +0100

Hi guys.

I've had this problem for as long as I can remember. I've experienced it on no less than three machines with a half dozen different graphics cards.

JFW Version, 6.0.
XP Pro.
Everythings set to classic, colour depth is 32bit, all effects aare turned off.

My problem is that Jaws will an awful lot of the time not read an entire line of text in Notepad r Wordpad or Microsoft Word. (Any version), and also in Dreamweaver 8.

It makes editing anything laborious to the point that I can't be bothered half the time. I'm getting Window Eyes 5.5 v soon because I'm frankly fed up with JFW. But in the meantime I need this resolved.

For example.  I have in notepad my websites index.html file.

It will read, line 1 of the following only if I highlight the text and line 2 no problem.

This does not happen in virtual cursr mode such as in Outlook Express, IE etc. It also does not happen in Windows Explorer.

Line1: ///<p> Thank you very much for being important visitor number </p>///
Line 2: ///<p><!--#include virtual="/count.cgi?page=homepage&type=text&reloads=0"--> </p>///

Any ideas folks?

Thanks
Bary