[access-uk] JAWS virtual buffer not updating

  • From: "James O'Dell" <jamesodell@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 22:44:53 +0100

Hi all

Using JAWS 7.0 with XP Pro SP2. Sometimes when I change to a new web page in IE, the JAWS virtual buffer is not updating, and I have to use the insert +escape refresh command to get it to show the new page. When this happens,the title of the new page is shown in IE, and the status line says "done", but as I say the buffer doesn't appear to be updating. This problem has only appeared recently, can't think of any direct causes as I haven't made any major modifications to this system recently. Could it be some sort of option in IE? I might do a "repair" installation of JAWS,but just wondered if any of you had any other suggestions.

thanks

James