[access-uk] JAWS 10 and the New Twitter Site

  • From: "Darran Ross" <darran.ross@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 01:26:47 +0100

Hi List.

Up until this weekend I was quite happily using JAWS 10 on the new Twitter site
with absolutely no problems, none at all. Over the last two days however,
things have taken a turn for the worse.

Now, when I go to the site, JAWS stumbles a bit to begin with, as though locked
on one particular area of the screen, but very quickly it then stops talking
altogether. It behaves like JAWS used to on sites with loads of Flash, or at
least I think that's the case. The only way to get speech back is to alt tab
away from the open Twitter window.

Have any other New Twitter site users experienced this?

Regards.

Darran