[access-uk] Re: Is there a VI group dedicated to travel matters?

  • From: "Saqib" <saqib500@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 17:57:29 +0100

I can fully understand why he would want to avoid using the cane. For one it puts a label on you to say that you aren't normal and when you are in the process of loosing your vision like I am then you've got to put up with using something that you didn't need a few years ago. The whole blindness thing is a unwanted Burdon on any individual who goes through the process of loosing their sight and confidence and friends who just don't want to know you anymore because of it. Sometimes it's better to be fully sighted or totally blind. At least that way you don't have to adapt to the constant deteriation of sight.