[access-uk] Re: Is it illegal

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 10:47:04 +0100

Hi Andrew.

What about going down to the bank and getting money out over the counter? If the bank have it on file that you have a disability, then perhaps you can use some identification. The management are only saying what they're saying because they don't want to run the risk of being accused of theft by their clients. Remember, they're under no obligation to help you manage your finances, even if you are deaf blind.

All the best, Ibrahim.

-----Original Message----- From: andrew shipp
Sent: Sunday, July 10, 2011 9:23 AM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Is it illegal

Hi Barry.  I'm with you all the way.  I live at  deaf  blind uk  in
Peterborough, the management  here say it is illegal.    So  from now  as
cannot put my number in myself, I shall just have to go hungry .

-----Original Message----- From: Barry Hill
Sent: Sunday, July 10, 2011 9:16 AM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I would have thought that it wasn't illegal, just part of the banks T's &
C's and, if you do not follow the T's & C's, the bank would not be libel for
any losses should anyone steal any money from your account.  I would have
thought that, if you admit to this, then the bank might wriggle out of any
fraud on your account.

Anyway, if it is illegal, then I've broke the law many times.  My girlfriend
puts my pin number in on many occasions.  The fact that the money comes out
of a joint account is no matter as the card is in my name and I blatantly
ask her to put the pin in for me in front of the staff even though I've
taken the card out of my wallet.

Who's saying that's it's illegal?

Cheers

Barry