[access-uk] Re: Ipods?

  • From: Laz Mesa <lazaro6@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 14:00:42 -0500

Hi Gerry,

if you can get along with iTunes and a touch-screen user interface,
then I'd say the iPod Touch, and I believe VoiceOver is available in
all 4th gen models.  This model is more like a pocket computer though,
and the attraction I find in it is the ability to run applications and
not for audio file playback.  Being used to my Rockboxed Sansa Fuze, I
find the actual audio playback to be a bit cumbersome on my iPod Touch
and only use it for the applications aspect of it while relying on my
Rockboxed Sansa Fuze for all my audio file listening.

The new Nano's also use this touch-screen user interface, but don't
run applications and are much smaller.

I'm not sure what user interface the Shuffle has now, I believe I
heard of 3 buttons on the player itself instead of the earphone cable,
boy! what a mistake that was, but I believe the info one can get from
this model is restricted to just artist name and song title, however I
could be completely wrong, and the storage capacity is very low.

I would suggest you check the links in my signature below for an
affordable alternative to using iTunes/iPods before you make your
final decision.

Regards,

Laz

"Gerald Locke" <gerald.locke@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi All,

   Which Ipod is the most sitable in terms of accessability for a totally
blind person?

   Any response much appreciated! [smile]

Kind regards,

Gerry.

--
Accessible talking MP3 players! Great features including:  FM radio,
voice recording, expandable memory, great bookmarking capabilities,

To hear a short demonstration, download our demo here:
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/uploads/2/0/4/6/2046538/talking_rockboxed_sansa_e200_series_player_demo.mp3

Visit our home page:
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/

Contact information: