[access-uk] Re: Ipod question

  • From: "Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 09:17:53 -0000

Hi Debbie.

I have some questions myself about this and have found out a little.

I know that you can buy Brian Hartgen's ITunes scripts for £3. They can be
got from www.tant-consultancy.com
I know there is also a program called Annapod I think which has an
accessible interface.

Both of these programs cost money though and while of course I understand
that the writers of these ITunes scripts and Annapod need to make money, I
don't want to have to pay extra to access an Ipod shuffle if I can avoid it.

I know there is a program called the Rebuild Tool.  from what I can gather
from the Portable player portal at www.hartgen .org this should allow me to
transfer files to the IPod shuffle and play them which is what I really want
to do.  If I have a screenreader on my PC should I be able to copy the
rebuild tool to the ipod as instructed and play coppied files? should the
set up process be possible without sighted assistance?

Regards

Graham