[access-uk] Re: Ipod question

  • From: "Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 00:46:55 -0000

Hi all.

I have done some playing with software over the weekend regarding the Ipod
and think that at the moment using the rebuild tool is probably the best
option for me as I only currently use mp3 files.

I realise that Annapod can play more formats such as files from Audible.com
and even ITunes files.

My CD came with a version of the ITunes scripts, which from memory is 6.5
though I could be wrong about that.  either way I couldn't get it to work
with a demo of Brian's scripts and anyway I want to be able to download MP3
files from other computers.

The only problem I had is how to prepare an IPod shuffle for use.  I had
assistance available from a sighted person so when I went to install the
software from the CD I was asked for my serial number which was written on
the IPod.  It seemed impossible to get to this edit box to enter the number
with the mouse.

Is there a way of getting round this?  I know on the Annapod site, on the
windows 98 support page there is another initiate and formatting program but
this doesn't seem to work.  I also realise that once the updater is
installed you do not need the serial number but, given that the program will
initiate any IPod, I can't see why the serial number is asked for at all.

If anyone has any answers to this I would be interested.

Also, what restrictions does the trial version of Annapod have?  I was only
available to play with it briefly so haven't explored this too much yet.

Regards

Graham