[access-uk] Re: Iphone Mailing Lists

  • From: Barry Toner <barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2011 17:07:03 +0100

Hi Sharon,

There's a heap of Mac information on the web but here's some specific ones
dealing with Voice Over and other Visually Impaired folks using Macs and other
Apple products.

> > Their UK address is www.apple.com/uk<http://www.apple.com/uk>

> www.apple.com/accessibility<http://www.apple.com/accessibility>

> > There are many podcasts on Apple products. Some are listed on BCABs'

> site www.bcab.org.uk<http://www.bcab.org.uk> and many more reside at
> www.blindcooltech.com<http://www.blindcooltech.com> and

> more can be found by searching for Vision Australia Apple podcasts.

> > Good sources of information can also be found at

> www.macessibility.net<http://www.macessibility.net> and
> www.mac-access.net<http://www.mac-access.net>

> > Useful email lists are:

> > aiphone-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:aiphone-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>  > > Other lists can be found at Mac-access and by searching for mac- >
> visionaries and viphone though these do last two are very heavy and  >
> memberships have to be approved. There are many more too.

> > One really useful site is www.applevis.com<http://www.applevis.com> where
> > there's all sorts

> > of

> info about the iPhone and reviews of apps, and there's a great podcast

> and website called All With my iPhone, think the url is

> www.allwithmyiphone.com<http://www.allwithmyiphone.com>

There's alsoa  nice little site bya  young Blind girl in New Jersey in the US,

http://chicksdigmacs.net/

I have taken the iPhone Manual that was in PDF an converted it to Daizy.  You
can grab it from here,

http://www.sendspace.com/file/d249ke

Hope this helps,

Regards,