[access-uk] Re: Internet service providers

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 21:05:49 -0000

Hi Derik.

If you don't mind my saying so, that is flat outright robbery by BT, no one should be charging you that much to get online using dialup internet access. Could you tell us how much time you spend online? I bet I could find you a cheaper access alternative if you must use dialup, that is absolutely outrageous, over £190 per year.

All the best, Ibrahim.

-----Original Message----- From: Derek Hornby
Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2012 8:57 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Internet service providers

Well I am with  BT Dial-up
It costs me a flat rate £16 a month and it's for unlimited  access to
Email and  internet.

Given that I do  not download music, books,  movies, pictures,
Games,  dial-up  meets my needs.

I just wish  BT could address the  problem I have right now.

When I try to  download  a  news paper  from Talking papers,
The BT server will  stop  sending the data if the email
Is long.  This problem has only started In past few weeks.
So if say  The Guardian  was 400kb the download stops  when it gets to
About 350kb
Anyone any  idea  why this may  happen.

Regards,  Derek