[access-uk] Re: Internet service providers

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 20:44:27 -0000

Hi Kevin?

Don't you mean you'd never wish to return to dialup? "smile".

All the best and I'm with TalkTalk too, though I've opted to pay for their fibre service.

All the best, Ibrahim.

-----Original Message----- From: Kevin
Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2012 6:34 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Internet service providers

I used to have dial-up many years ago and Was getting a bill of (at the
highest) £80 a month. I am now with TalkTalk and pay, on average £20 a month
for broadband, free UK landline calls (including 0845 and 0870 numbers). I
would never wish to return to broadband.

Regards,

Kevin

-----Original Message----- From: Derek Hornby
Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2012 12:10 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Internet service providers

Hi  All
I am maybe only one on  list that  still uses Dial-up  access
Well it meets my needs.

Anyway,  I  am having a problem that when I try to Download mail
it keeps  stopping  too soon.

BT says  and I quote:

"You are under absolutely no pressure to have broadband
from BT. Moving to another provider for your line wont
take away these issues-it's all the same network which, is owned
by BT Openreach."

Is BT correct to  suggest that  being cut of  from a servier,
Would still  happen  no matter which ISP I am with.

Regards,  Derek