[access-uk] Re: Internet Explorer 7

  • From: "Vanja Sudar" <vanja@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 13:38:52 +0100

Well now jaws 7.x works with firefox I do occasionally use it, however, jaws
still doesn't work fully with it like it does with IE, so I can't/don't want to
use it and totally rely on it because it still does not work with everthing and
there definitely are sites that it doesn't work with as well as IE. I posted
question on jaws UK list a few weeks or maybe days ago asking if tIE 7 has been
tested with jaws 7.1 yet. I sure don't want to download it yet because it's
still in it's beta stages, but I know that we'll be pretty much forced to use
it by microsoft when full version is released as it will be a required "hightly
chritical" windows update. Sure, we don't have to accept the update and I
understand that there will be an unistalation tool that will let the system
revert back to IE 6. Still, I'd be interested to know if there's any official
word from Freedom Scientific about use of IE 7 and jaws (probablly not because
it's still beta) or if anyone using jaws has been brave enough to try beta. I
doubt that anything drasticly change in the way that jaws would have problems
interpreting HTML so I doubt that there'd be any problems.
I also read in this weeks edition of WXP news that the edditor of the e-zine
has problem with her use of IE 7 beta and that certain website simply don't
work and give 404 errors for no reason at all, yet they work fine on firefox,
so it sure can't be a firewall/dns issue.
Vanja
http://www.sudar.co.uk
MSN messenger: sudar23@xxxxxxxxxxx
AIM: vanja121
Skype: vanja121
    From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf
    Of Steve Nutt

    Hi Ray,

    I don't see what all the fuss is about Firefox personally.  OK Tabbed
    browsing is there, but while it is better for security, you can't use it
    with Windows Update, and many sites that rely on Active X, so I personally
    will stick to IE.  Also, I find that some links are simply missing in FF
    when I go to web sites, that are better displayed in IE.  Some HTML is not
    rendered nearly so well in FF in my view.  So what is all the fuss about?

    All the best
    Telephone Low-call:  08452 606 277
    International:  +44(0)1438 742286,
    Fax:  +44(0)1438 759589
    mobile:  +44(0)7956 334938,
    Email:  mailto:Steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Web site:   http://www.comproom.co.uk

    From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
    Howie, Sam

    Hi All
    Quick question I was just wondering if anyone has been brave enough to
    install the beta version Internet Explorer 7 if so what do you think of it.
    Cheers
    Sam

    Sam Howie
    Carefirst Training