[access-uk] Interesting Lecture on Standby/Sleep

  • From: "Chris Hallsworth" <christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 19:11:50 +0100

Hi all,
I've just had an interesting lecture off my girlfriend on what we should do to our computers at night. According to her, we should shut it down to save both memory and hard disk usage. Also, we could be hacked because the Windows session hasn't really ended when we put our computers in standby or sleep, depending on the version of Windows. What do you all think of this? Full truth or a complete myth? I'd love to hear from you.
--
Chris Hallsworth
e-mail: christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx