[access-uk] Insurance Cover for Specialist Equipment


Apologies for cross-posting, but could do with some advice from someone
who's been through this scenario before!

Has anyone had experience with getting insurance cover for specialist kit?
When I spoke to the providers of my home contents insurance about naming my
BrailleNote PK on the policy, I was told that they only covered items up to
the value of £3,000 under my policy, and that I'd need to take out a
separate policy for an item valued higher than this, and the payment would
work out at about £190 P.A. That's nearly on a par with our car insurance!
Has anyone managed to get a better deal than that for expensive specialist
items I wonder?



** To leave the list, send a message to:-
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** and in the Subject line type
** unsubscribe
** For other list commands such as vacation mode, send a message, to 
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq

Other related posts: