[access-uk] Re: Instructions for telephone needed/?

George,

May I add two additional points which may be useful to Christine.

1. Some PDFs contain text which is only a scanned image of a print
document.  Adobe Reader plus a screen reader is no use in such cases -
you need an OCR package.

2. There are programs (some free, some quite expensive) which will
convert PDF files into other formats if preferred.
Amongst the free ones is PDf2TXT
from http://www.empowermentzone.com/p2tsetup.exe
which often does quite a good job of extracting the text from a PDf although
the structure and formatting is not well preserved.

Douglas

--

Douglas Harrison