[access-uk] Re: Information about Tiscali broadband, please

  • From: "Wendy Sharpe" <w.sharpe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 11:58:23 -0000

Graham

Quite right about www.bethere.co.uk.  I looked at it out of curiosity, and
in the FAQ section it definitely says you need a BT line and have to pay BT
for the line rental and calls.  I hadn't heard of this one before, and it
certainly does look a bit strange.

Nice to know Tiscali technical support were on the ball and helped your
friend.  It sounds as if the service is ok.

My switchover from BT to Tiscali went without a hitch.  BT sent me a final
bill, and I even got a bit of a refund.  I think the setting up fee to
Tiscali was £25, and the first two months' total bills have been under £20,
so I think that is a fair bargain for broadband, line rental and phone calls
all in one.

I expect cheaper options can be found, but I think you always have to be
careful, and consider all the pros and cons.  Asking for advice on a list
like ours is one way to find out what a service is really like.  I must say
I haven't had any cause to complain about Tiscali while I have been with
them, and I wouldn't go anywhere else without a lot of research and careful
consideration.  Tiscali was originally recommended to me by a friend, and we
are still friends!

Wendy