[access-uk] Re: Information about Tiscali broadband, please

  • From: "Peter Beasley" <p.beasley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 15:44:15 -0000

You can get 8mb from www.bethere.co.uk for that price.
----- Original Message ----- From: "John Wilson" <jwjw@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Access UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, December 09, 2007 1:19 PM
Subject: [access-uk] Information about Tiscali broadband, please

Hello All,

I'm considering moving to Tiscali's 2 MB broadband and phone
line package at £14.99 a month. I should appreciate feedback
as to the reliability of this package if anyone is currently
on it.

Could they let me know:

1. It has a 50 to 1 user ratio. Do you find that you get
anywhere near the 2 MB download speeds that they advertise?

2. They have a 5p a minute technical support line. Do you
get through to someone to speak to when you phone with no
problems or do you have a long time to wait until anyone
answers. I have experience the latter with Tiscali when I
used their phone lines 4 or 5 years ago.

3. How long after telling them that you wish to use them and
giving your payment details, etc, does it take them to get
the modem to you and get you up and running? they tell me 2
weeks. Is this true?

4. Do you have any problems in getting online or any
problems with being kicked offline?

5. Do they offer a free Directory Enquiries service similar to the 195 enquiries from BT? If not, waht is the alternative and waht does it cost?

6. Are there any other reliability and efficiency issues
with Tiscali broadband and phone service I should be aware
of before making a final decision?

Your efforts in replying are much appreciated.

Best regards,
John.