[access-uk] Re: Inaccessible Internet/Intranet sites

  • From: "Ankers, Dave \(UK\)" <Dave.Ankers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 17:51:49 +0100

Barry,

Thanks for the info, I will see what they say and report back.  If Derek
does his usual, we will get a gang together, find him, and armed with
voice recorders, give him the blind equivalent of happy slapping!

Cheers

Dave Ankers

Actually, Dave, I take it back about the Intranet thing being a problem
with the DDA - I'm a little tired.  I've been thinking about the
intranet thing and I think they are under the same obligation as the
internet.  The DDA states that an organisation has to make reasonable
adjustment to allow a disabled worker to do their job, and it must be
anticipatory.  For your company to change their Intranet post DDA is, I
would say, definitely in breech of the DDA.  I've just had another look
on the net and come up with
this:

http://www.rnib.org.uk/xpedio/groups/public/documents/publicwebsite/publ
ic_accessibleintranets.hcsp

I wonder if Derek is going to throw the gauntlet down again, as he tends
to do when I post to the list.

Barry