[access-uk] Re: Importing addressbook in windows live mail

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 12:27:24 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Vanja,
Importing an address book. As you found out from google, there are some buttons
in the bottom left of the window for changing the main view of the window to
mail, contacts, etc. The easiest way of pressing these buttons is to use their
shortcuts: mail is ctrl+1, and contacts is ctrl+3.
Once you've moved to the contacts view, then as Iain has said, import is
available in the tools menu/group of the ribbon.

Creating a signature. You can do this on signatures tab of the options dialog.
You can open this by opening the file menu, opening the options sub menu, and
then choosing mail. Alternatively you can open the dialog using the shortcut
ctrl+shift+o.

David.

orginal message:
Hello,

is there a way to import addressbook in to windows live mail with jaws or any
screenreader? There does not seem to be a way of accessing it the addressbook
through the ribbon menu. From what I googled people say to click at the left
bottom where you should be able to see addressbook, but jaws or any other
screenreader I tried does nhot seem to be able to see that.

P.S

While we’re on the subject of windows live mail, I did ask the other day if
there is a way to create a signature and did not receive any replies, probably
because no one is sure, but in case someone does know and have missed it,
that’s another question.

Sorry for merging 2 somewhat different subject, but people can feel free to
reply off list to any of those  questions.