[access-uk] Re: Imap and pop, not so technical

  • From: "Malcolm Parfitt" <malcolm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 09:20:59 +0100

Two other advantages of IMAP are that you can just retrieve the message headers
and only download and read the messages you are interested in.

As I have a data plan with Orange I used to use POP with my BT account to
retrieve e-mail.  This resulted in my regularly exceeding my data bundle and
being charged accordingly.  Now I use IMAP on my N70 this is rarely the case
with headers only being retrieved.

Malcolm