[access-uk] Re: Imageing, was uninstalling sapi5 voices

  • From: "john coley" <johncoley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 21:18:17 -0000

Hi Andy, it's better than system restore in every respect. Firstly, system restore only restores system, not programmes, as far as I'm aware, secondly, system restore is extremely vulnerable to nasties. Even if you manage amazingly to keep system restore free of nasties there's no guarantee that the restore data is in perfect condition, and thirdly, in the event of a disk failure system restore won't be much good to you. I've never had any time for it, I don't use it, in fact when I built my unattended I edited system restore out. With an image of your C drive you'll have a total backup that no virus or nasty can invade or corrupt, which, should anything go wrong you can boot with and have your pc back up and running again.

                   John.

----- Original Message ----- From: "ANDY COLLINS" <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>