[access-uk] Re: I'm outraged!

  • From: "Vanja Sudar" <vanja@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 12:26:30 +0100

Granted I might have overreacted in my anger, but the point is that the service is there and should be working. This was, according to sky itself, the TV event of the generation. Sure there are bigger problems out there, but each person's problem is their own problems. Many people are complaining about the lack of speech with sky EPG. Should we just tell all those people to shut up because some opeople don't even have access to basic computing somewhere in the world? If our screenreader doesn't work how it's supposed to do, should we just shut up and deal with it, because, after all someone somewhere can't afford even a computer, let alone a screenreader that works? Yes, of course I watched TV without audio description before it existed. I also used internet with very basic potential back in 97 compared to what my screenreader does now, does it mean I should just settle for back to what it used to be back then if, for some reason it didn't perform as it should do? The fact that you are happy watching programs without AD is your choice. I pay sky good money and I don't think that this should be just let go and not be mentioned. If the entire series wasn't audio described, I would understand that I shouldn't be expect just one episode to be so, it shouldn't be the other way round. I was very excited to watch this, was something I was looking forward to all weekend and I have a right to be annoyed.

Vanja
http://www.sudar.co.uk
http://twitter.com/internetking
MSN/windows live messenger: sudar23@xxxxxxxxxxx