[access-uk] Re: IP Address

  • From: "Andrew Hodgson" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 23:09:51 +0100

Hi,

On NTL/Telewest what usually happens is that the IP is provided by a
DHCP server, but the leice (the time that you have that IP for) is quite
long (i.e, 30 days).  If you turn off the cable modem and switch it back
on, chances are you will get a new address.  Hence technically it is not
static, and can't be used really as a static ip unless you know what you
are doing.

Andrew.=20

** Are you going on holiday and want to halt messages?
** Send a message to access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** and in the Subject line type the word vacation
** followed by a space, then the number of days you
** wish to stop receiving messages for, followed by another
** space and the letter d for days.