[access-uk] ING Direct Login Accessibility

  • From: "Hussein Patwa" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 14:41:46 +0100

Hi there,

I know this came up sometime last year but I was wondering if anyone was
able to get an answer out of ING Direct or find some other way of getting
around the accessible barrier that is the number pad used when logging on to
the online bank?  You have to enter the numbers by clicking on them with the
mouse, as entering with the keyboard doesn't work.  To compound things there
are no alt tags telling you which key is which, and the number pad changes
each time you access it.

I'm thinking of changing banks as this is just unacceptable.  Yes, I can
access the info by phone, but I don't want to pay the call charges if I need
to do this from outside the UK.  Plus, it's just inconvenient.  Why have
they been allowed to so blatantly disregard accessibility for such a
critical function for so long?

_______________________________________
Have a pleasant day,

Kind Regards and Best Wishes,