[access-uk] Re: INDUCTION LOOPS

Yes, OK Roger. I'll write when I need more info. It's not for a personal friend but for church who are setting up for one person already and probably others soon ...

I'm just gathering any information folk can give me to pass on so I'll keep it off list after this stage.

Please everyone write me off list with anything else you may be able to tell me, other than what Roger has written here.

Thanks.

--
Carol
carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Friday, February 27, 2009 11:40 AM (UK time), roger south at roger.south@xxxxxxxxxx said:

Hi Carol

I use induction loops all the time but it's something almost people
other than users find impossible to understand. I don't profess to
understand it but just accept it works, and works well. The sound it
pure sound with no annoying irritations. All interference is
eliminated and al you hear is the sound you want coming through your
hearing aids. If the person who wants this is unfamiliar with using
loops/couplers the easiest way to test it is to make a phone call on
a corded land line. Turn the aids to the T position and listen. This
does not work with cordless or mobiles and none of those are fitted
with induction. The difference between couplers and loops is purely
terminology. All are couplers but some are extended to loops to go
round the room or personal ones to go round the neck.
Sellers are the RNID from their Sound Advantage cataloguer and
Conevans from their Dear Equipment website. For personal listeners
Steinhauser do a real great quality range but far more expensive
because of the higher level of quality.

I can be of more help but I need to know what your friend is looking
for and the level of hearing loss. I think also it would be better
off list.
Roger