[access-uk] IMAP AND/OR POP3

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 16:48:19 -0000

Hi all,

Having decided to take some email on my phone, I am wanting to understand more
about the differences I will experience if I decide to use IMAP as opposed to
POP3 for my NTL and Googlemail accounts.

I understand, basically, that it's reckoned that IMAP is more stable (not
giving extra copies of mail where this sometimes occurs with POP3), but I need
to know more specifically how this will affect my day to day working.  I don't
use Google online but still much prefer to download to Outlook Express.  In the
case of POP3, everything comes into my In-box unless I specify to the contrary.
 Will this be the same with my Outlook Express if using IMAP?

Do I need to set my phone and computer(s) all to use IMAP to get everything
working correctly?

Thanks for anything that you can offer on this.

--
Carol
carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx