[access-uk] Re: IE 7 and JFW 8

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 13:38:39 +0100

Hi Barry,

Personally I wouldn't entirely blame JAWS.  IE7 incorporates
many changes, and not all are for the better. Many fully
sighted people have removed it, including myself.

For example, I'm not alone in coming to blows with it over
the issue of 3rd party Help files. You may be aware that in
IE6, Ctrl + Mouse Wheel, would increase or decrease the size
of font when viewing an HTML Help file Topic.

In IE7 when viewing web pages, this feature has been
enhanced to enlarge or reduce graphics - as well as text.
But it no longer works with anybody's Help files.  In short,
Microsoft have broken it somehow - or perhaps are just
being.....  I'd better not say!

George.