[access-uk] I can't get windows update to load correctly as it thinks I am in the USA, how can I change this please?

  • From: "Alexander Shannon" <alexacts2v4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 16:20:02 +0100

Hi all,

all other Microsoft functions seem to be working correctly, but I tried to update from windows update this afternoon, and found that I could not properly install XP SP3 which I was offered.

On further investigation,I found that Windows Update was giving me an error that makes me think that windows update thinks I am in the USA rather than the UK.

The Only reason I can think this may be the case is that I had to go onto the USA site recently to get some support for a Microsoft issue, but I can't remember exactly what that was.

The error I am getting is the following:

Internet explorer can not open the Internet Site HTTP://www.Update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/default.aspx?ln=en-us.

Operation aborted

OK

Does anyone know how I can fix this please.

Thank you in advance.

Alexander Shannon