[access-uk] Re: How do I use GPRS

  • From: "Justin R" <mypc128@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 18:21:56 +0100

I don't know if you've been told Andy but, with GPrS you connect to it once
and you can be on GPrS for as long as you want.

yes, you only pay for what you actually download.  My understanding is that
there is no charge to surfe the wap.  hOwever, you won't get far doing that
anyway as talx doesn't work with wap.

Also, with GPrS you can take a phone call, write text messages and do
anything other than surfe the wap.  It's like broadband connection on your
pc.  it can be always on if you want it.

Sunil's told you about the e-mail thing so, I don't need to go into that
much.

I'm on GPrS myself with orange, it's very good and i can get e-mail, through
my ntl account if needs be.

Justin