[access-uk] Re: How do I?

Hi Marie,

Alright. There's no need to add an email address in the reply field in account
properties/general page. Actually better to leave that edit box blank.

I am not sure what else to suggest. If when you reply your email goes out
alright that means that OE is setup correctly. And you are able to send emails
using gmail to other addresses than viphone@gmailgroups, right?

Just to double check, have you changed the outgoing mail port to 465 and ticked
the SSL secure connection?

  To be sure about your OE settings, please bring up a new message (control n)
and send it to your self from your gmail account as a test. To choose to send
from gmail press alt and number one twice quickly, that will send the focus to
the from field where you can arrow and choose which email account to send from.

  If the message goes out fine then I am not sure what is wrong. However, if
you get an error there are two further steps that you can try.

  First, you can point your outgoing servers to your ISP's outgoing servers.
Your ISP should tell you what servers they use. Or, tell us what provider you
are with and someone or I can maybe find this info for you.

  Second thing to try is to keep using gmail's outgoing servers
(smtp.gmail.com) but change the outgoing mail port to 587 instead of the
recommended port 465. Port 587 is usually my last bullet so to speak, but, it's
never let me down so far whether I am roaming or using my ISP's connection.

  But again, if when you test your settings and send a message to yourself it
goes through alright then there will be no point from trying these two
suggestions above, unless someone else knows otherwise.

  Let us know how you get on.

  Cheers,
  Amro