[access-uk] Re: "Honey Pot"

Thanks for the clarification, Sandra. I will sleep better tonight! After the message from Simon I was becoming quite worried and have avoided activities like on-line banking in case log on details etc. were vulnerable. Articles in the press yesterday and on the radio had made me even more security conscious than usual.

Douglas

At 20:56 10/10/2006, you wrote:
Hello Douglas,
The honey pot thing is to do with the key logger shield in Spy Sweeper.  If
you go into the shields settings and turn the keylogger shield off by
unchecking the box, you shouldn't hear it any more.  As someone else on the
list said, Webroot know about it so maybe they'll fix it when they next
update the program.  They do say they've got extra back-up to protect
against key loggers so you won't be at risk if you turn the key logger
shield off.  As soon as I turned mine off, I got rid of the honey pot.
Hope this is of some use.

Cheers,
Sandra.

Douglas Harrison