  From: Graham Lewis [gjl]
  To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, September 07, 2009 5:10 PM
  Subject: [access-uk] Hi and Kindle

  Hello everybody.  I just joined the list.

  This is a bit off the wall but has access and tech implications for me anyway.

  I am a terminal science fiction fan and can really never get enough of the
stuff.  A fe years ago somebody gave me a copy of a human read audio version of
analog Science Fiction and Fact.  A great little magazine that I used to read
before the old eyesight went.

  This was produced in the Sates by the national library for the Blind but I
have not been able to trach down if it is still produced or how to obtain it.
The Analog site itself points to FictionWise who produce the magazine in a
number of electronic but inaccessible formats and to Amazon who produce
something called Kindle which seems to be a DRM protected variety of
mobipocket.  Kindle is only available in the US though.  Basically all of the
eBook versions would need to be hacked before I couls use them anyway.

  So my question is..  Are there any science fiction fans out there who have
found a source of either the audio productions or accessible electronic
versions?

  Graham

database 4403 (20090907) __________