[access-uk] Re: Help with orange network forr a family menber

  • From: "Damon Rose" <damon.rose@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 15:18:15 -0000

Ahh. I did this at the end of last year.

I didn't get a text though, I saw it on an orange website.

Basically, Orange and T Mobile have merged into one company called
Everything Everywhere. But as well as the companies merging, they've
merged the Orange and T Mobile transmitter networks together. This means
that if you are a customer of either, you can use both networks,
seemlessly, if you do a sim update.

The way I did it was to register by entering my telephone number into a
web page on my Orange mobile phone. Within a day I got a text. I opened
it then turned the phone off and on again to activate the
transformation.

It now means I have a much better signal, my phone is on 7 bars for most
of my regular commute from East Anglia to London because I am using both
transmitter networks.

I believe that the 3G broadband is also going to merge early this year
which will be fabulous. I wonder if they've done that now?

...Damon