[access-uk] Help with new laptop

  • From: "Marie Baisez" <baisez.marie@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 14:00:12 +0200

Hi gang!
During my latest flying visit to the UK I saw a laptop in PC World with good
specs, a numeric keypad with Office and a security suite in my price range,
so, I bought it thinking I might not have another opportunity like this for
a long time.
The make is Toshiba, the model is:EQUIUM L350-  10L
All I've done so far is charge the battery. The vender said Windows Vista
premium is installed but not configured and the same goes for Microsoft
Office and Norton security suite.
Now, my questions: Will the system let me instal Jaws if User account, UAC
is not set up?how do I uninstal Norton without launching it?
Can I disable the touch pad?
Is it easy to find and download the manual from the Toshiba website?
A lot more questions, but those will do for now.
No useful sighted help around, so, counting very much on your help.
Thanks to all who will take the time to reply.
Cheers now,
Marie