[access-uk] Help with installing service pack 2

Hello all.
Please can you help?
My friend John is trying to upgrade his Vista laptop from service pack 1 to service pack 2. He downloaded the standalone installer from Microsoft. He then ran it. He then accepted the terms or whatever. But then he gets a window with details link, go online to check and a close button.
I'm sure he's genuine, as it came preinstalled on his laptop.
So what can he do?
Please respond as soon as possible.
Thank you very much. It will be greatly appreciated.
Chat soon.
--

Chris Hallsworth
Sent from Thunderbird