[access-uk] Re: Help with drivers please

  • From: "Wendy Sharpe" <w.sharpe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 17:25:26 -0000

Andy

Are you using JAWS?  You mention Windows Media Player and your computer
freezing.  I wonder whether it is the same problem as I have with WMP.  When
I launch WMP it somehow unloads JAWS, thus leaving me with no speech
wondering where to go.  At first I thought it was a computer hang, but when
I pressed windows key and M for the desktop and then J for JAWS, JAWS was
reloaded.

The other day I found an extremely comprehensive guide to using WMP on the
following site:

http://vip.chowo.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/jaws/Windows-Media-Player-11-Guide
.html

Many thanks to the author, and I think, Andy, you may find some explanation
of the problem, as there are some bugs in WMP which David warns about and
gives tips.

I do hope this helps.

Wendy