[access-uk] Help with Capcha code image

  • From: "Ken Reid" <ken.reid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access List" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 13:17:25 +0100

Hi Patrina,

I would take a rather different approach to this problem.

Captcha codes are a barrier to blind and partially sighted people using the
internet.  Developers who insist on using them must provide a reasonable
adjustment that enables us to access their services.  An audible Captcha might
work for some people, but it is not a panacea.  Neither are the software
solutions that some try to implement on their own behalf.

So get back on the phone, and demand a solution that will work for you.  They
cannot refuse you ... and maybe if they hear this often enough they will come
up with a solution that deters the virtual vandals without inconveniencing
genuine customers.

May I wish you well in getting this resolved.

Ken