[access-uk] Re: Help needed with Jaws not reading!

  • From: "Christopher Hallsworth" <chrishallsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 21:03:35 +0100

Get them to install Window-Eyes, grins. Seriously though, JAWS seems to
be full of bugs that Freedom Scientific cannot be bothered to fix. I'm
not sure what I could suggest to be honest, apart from the above
sarcastic suggestion. I say sarcastic, as there's very little chance
that the college you attend will put Window-Eyes on just for you.
On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 19:49:40 +0100, "Christine Weetman"
<goatmum@xxxxxxx> said:
> Hi all, I am fedup of the college computer not reading properly, its Jaws
> and whenever I use the arrow keys (control and right/left arrow) it won't
> read, it will read up/down (control up/down arrow) but it makes it hard
> when
> I want to correct something I find I am having to find the line then move
> letter by letter which is very tiresome.  Also I can't get the thing to
> read
> a whole parragraph?  Help Greatfully appreciated, guess its a setting?
>
> Thanks, Christine W in Fleetwood.

  Christopher Hallsworth
  chrishallsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx