[access-uk] Re: Help needed please

  • From: "Christopher Hallsworth" <chrishallsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 12:07:12 +0100

Wendy, I can sort of duplicate the Firefox problem. What happens
sometimes, not all the time, is that you go to start|run and type a web
address, and, assuming Firefox is set as your default Browser, you'll
get the familiar "windows cannot find www.website.com" (or whatever
website you've typed), and something about the fact that I may have
typed it incorrectly into the run dialogue, which I darn well haven't!
However, as well as getting that message the website loads normally.
Strange. Maybe this is a bug in Firefox? Has anyone tried filing a bug
report using the Mozilla website? Thanks and hope that sort of helps
<smiles>.
On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 11:07:42 +0100, "Wendy Mitchell"
<wendy.mitchell6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
> Hi,
>
> Please can someone help.
>
> over the weekend my daughterinstalled the new BT home hub for me which
> has installed all kinds of stuff from yahoo as well.  I've uninstalled
> yahoo messenger but i'm scared of taking too much off in case i make more
> problems.
>
>  When I restart my computer I have the following message come up.
>
> SmartBridge Alerts: BTHelpNotifier.exe - Entry Point Not Found
>
> The procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located
> in the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL.
>
> OK
>

> i'm using windos XP home and the latest jaws.
>

> The lapstops are connecting fine.
>

> Also, when i go onto webpages i get that awful booming sound and it says
> the windows cannnot find the page i've opened even though the page has
> opened in front of me.
>

> i've set firefox as my btowser but even when i go to internet exploerer
> the home pages opened without the booming noise but anything in my
> favourites does as i've stated above.
>

> I've just spent a very frustrating half an hour trying to sort it with BT
> with a woman who thingks i haven't got any internet and who i had
> terrible trouble trying to understand, i don't think either of us
> understood each other because she thought i didn't have any internet
> which i have even though i explained about my message at startup and
> becuase i said that windows couldnt find my pages and i'd told her i had
> the page in front of me, all i wanted to know was how to stop the booming
> message and why its saying windows cannot find the page even though it
> was in front of me..
>

> If anyone can help me i'd be much appreciated.
>

> From Wendy Mitchell.

Christopher Hallsworth
E-mail: chrishallsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Skype name chrishallsworth7266